tisdag 22 november 2011

Travel by train in November

I like trains. I like going from one place to another and have time to process the journey while it happens. If you know what I mean? Flying is quick and all, but sometimes too quick.

The train gives you a moment of reflection, a moment that is all yours. I love watching the passing landscape outside the window and how it changes from big city landscapes and civilisation to little tiny countryside farming villages and fields and old-time village churches, to heavy forests, to big lakes... It's beautiful.

That's why November sucks as a train travel month. It's pitch black dark outside. All you do is looking out through a black nothing.

Blah... bring back the summer light... now. :(

However, that's far far away. Until then I am happy about the upcoming advent to spread a little light in the darkness.


Talented young singer Molly Sandén. Performing her own new single, first time in English. I love it.

4 kommentarer:

  1. You´re probably right with everything you say about travelling by train (when you see something outside...). But I just fall asleep on such trips, in trains, planes, busses, cars..... Just move me a bit and make a little noise and I´m in dreamers land. It is no deep sleep. But anyway I usually don´t see all too much of the environment. So for me all means of transport are the same in a way.

    Oh and I have candles burning already. Who cares about advent? It is dark NOW! ;)

    SvaraRadera
  2. long train journeys are great- lots of time to think and dream.. I have candles burning already on these dark winter evenings x

    SvaraRadera
  3. Trains are my favorite means of transportation. Like you said, lots of time to think, reflect, read a book...
    As for the light, well, only one month to go and the days will start getting longer again ;-)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oh believe me, I have candles burning too! :) But with advent comes the added advent lights as well - not only candles! :)

    Tina - I did fall asleep a little bit on the train, but that's because I woke up at 4.30 and was tired. LOL!

    Jen - Isn't it lovely with train rides like that? It's very contemplative!

    Perry - Yes only a month left, but oh my god time flies. Can't believe we are only a month away from CHRISTMAS. So happy to see a comment from you here too!!! :) Thank you for coming here!

    SvaraRadera