lördag 12 november 2011

Longing for winter?

Autumn has been very mild so far. Reportedly this country hasn't been this snow-free since they started keeping track in the 90s.

I looked out of the window. All beautiful colourful autumn leaves have fallen off the trees. All that is left now is grayscale until snow comes.

This is always the time when I accept that the dark session is here, and I start to long for winter and snow.

Looking forward to advent starting in two weeks. That's when I put up the advent lights and decorations and start lighting candles. Cosy times.

How do you feel about the upcoming winter?


3 kommentarer:

  1. There´s hardly a sign of the upcoming winter here. It is still very sunny during the days, a week ago I saw lots of blooming roses, some trees still have green leaves... But other trees are indeed "naked" already. And it is dark when I leave work which is a definite reminder of the time of year. And the temperatures, of course.
    Anyway, I took out the x-mas decorations already today - because I will not be at home on 3 out of 4 advent weekends. And the candles are nice in the darkness of the long evenings. Do I want snow now? Not yet. Maybe shortly before x-mas. Then it would fit! It is just no fun on the bicycle when it has snowed......

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hej Tina! Så kul att du hittade hit. Made me superduper happy! :) Do you cycle in winter? I gave up my cycling for the season last week. To and from work that is. Today I will take the bike to the town centre - during daytime when it's still light out.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hej igen!
    I cycle all year round. But the way to work consists of cycling and train, something like the pendeltåg. That is the quickest way to get around in Berlin. I can live with the darkness (there are lamps and reflectors...), I can live with extreme temperatures (have cycled with a skiing mask at -19°C), but I get in trouble with snow and ice. When the snow is too high the brakes just don´t work anymore (not the usual brakes at least which most bikes have). And ice, or even worse - and so common - ice with the traces of feet or tires in it, is very uncomfortable.
    But even then I am quicker on the bicycle than by feet. It happens VERY SELDOM that I give up and just walk.

    And I´m glad you´re still posting something. :)

    SvaraRadera